The Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service is actively hiring qualified candidates.
The Akwesasne Mohawk Police Service is looking for people with integrity, who are accountable, courageous, respectful, caring and fair; people who enjoy working with others. We want people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
Please be advised that the process for becoming a Police Constable is competitive and as such, an applicant may be declined at any stage of the process.
The steps in our Hiring Process are outlined below:
Please print out a copy of the Constable Application package and complete the full package. Submit your package (with originals or copies of all listed documents) to Deputy Chief O'Brien. Please note all documents must be received by the date and time specified on the posting in order to be considered.
Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
The application package should include:
- Completed AMPS application
- Cover Letter and Resume.
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information (signed and endorsed original)
- Fingerprint application or proof of request
- Social Insurance Number (copy)
- Applicant Agreement (signed original)
- Certified copy of High school diploma, high school equivalency Diploma or General Education Diploma, Certification transcript
- Motor Vehicle drivers licence and driver’s abstract (copy)
- Official birth certificate (copy)
- First Nations status (provide proof and copy)
- Official record of change of names, if applicable
- Certified copy of disposition of all arrests in which you were the defendant, if applicable
- Valid standard 1st aid and Level C CPR